Please join us in our demonstration and fight with us for the rights of women and future generations.
Saturday, 2nd July 2011 at 2pm, The Spire, O Connell Street, Dublin
Rally for Choice!
The right of a woman to control over her own body is a right still denied to women in Ireland. A hangover of Catholic guilt and a succession of governments who refuse to legislate for abortion, a fundamental reproductive and health right, have left Irish women in a powerless position – stigmatised and ignored.
On Saturday the 2nd of July a rally of ‘pro-life’ lobbyists will take to the streets, we must counter them. We must show that they are not the majority and that in reality they are not pro-life, but anti-choice. We have six main demands which we will be putting forward:
– Legislate for the X case as a matter of urgency.
– Free, safe and legal abortion on demand.
– Immediate closure of ‘rogue’ crisis pregnancy
agencies currently operating in Ireland.
– A comprehensive system of relationship and
sexuality education in all schools across Ireland.
– Access to affordable contraception and other
related sexual services.
– Equal rights for all families, be they ‘traditional’,
single-parent, LGBT or any other type.
So please join us in our demonstration and fight with us for the rights of women and future generations.
In the spirit of banner making – here are some photos we found on Google Images
Follow us on Twitter!My Tweets
- Public service announcement: Ensure you are registered to vote for the 2018 abortion rights referendum by 25th November. www.checktheregister.ie Link to more information on how to register in bio.@singalongsocial are in the Roundy this Sunday night for your sing along pleasure, all in the name of Repeal! Doors at 7, get on down! (Trust us, this is the best fun). 😉Best sign from today hands down! 👏 Well done to those fearless legends @freesafelegal, the wonderful @rebels4choice in Cork and all the other groups that rallied today. Beautiful to be a part of it. #arcmarch17#arcmarch17 ✊Casual celebrity appearance of a Lord of Strut at our Pink Tax Game-show night in the Friary last night 😂Tonight's the night for our "Pink Tax" Game show night upstairs in the Friary! Bring sanitary products and we'll donate them to the Cork Simon Community. 7 bells. See ya there 😉 (Link in bio.)
- Follow Welcome to Cork Feminista on WordPress.com