Please join us in our demonstration and fight with us for the rights of women and future generations.
Saturday, 2nd July 2011 at 2pm, The Spire, O Connell Street, Dublin
Rally for Choice!
The right of a woman to control over her own body is a right still denied to women in Ireland. A hangover of Catholic guilt and a succession of governments who refuse to legislate for abortion, a fundamental reproductive and health right, have left Irish women in a powerless position – stigmatised and ignored.
On Saturday the 2nd of July a rally of ‘pro-life’ lobbyists will take to the streets, we must counter them. We must show that they are not the majority and that in reality they are not pro-life, but anti-choice. We have six main demands which we will be putting forward:
– Legislate for the X case as a matter of urgency.
– Free, safe and legal abortion on demand.
– Immediate closure of ‘rogue’ crisis pregnancy
agencies currently operating in Ireland.
– A comprehensive system of relationship and
sexuality education in all schools across Ireland.
– Access to affordable contraception and other
related sexual services.
– Equal rights for all families, be they ‘traditional’,
single-parent, LGBT or any other type.
So please join us in our demonstration and fight with us for the rights of women and future generations.
In the spirit of banner making – here are some photos we found on Google Images